Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison
Prosecutors said they crafted the harshest sentence they could for Christian Hobbs, 44, but couldn't give him more prison time because one of the laws he broke – violation of privacy – was a misdemeanor.
"While I probably would have liked a little more time, the violation of privacy, which is the most egregious part of this case, unfortunately is a misdemeanor," Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said on Friday.
Hobbs, formerly of Salem, pleaded guilty Friday to burglary, criminal mischief, violation of privacy and attempted interception and disclosure of telecommunication or oral communications prohibited.
He spent Aug. 14 and 15 under the Salem woman's trailer after secretly planting baby monitors and using a cell phone to take videos and photos of her.
For more on this story, see Saturday editions of the New Hampshire Union Leader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424