Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison
Prosecutors said they crafted the harshest sentence they could for Christian Hobbs, 44, but couldn't give him more prison time because one of the laws he broke – violation of privacy – was a misdemeanor.
"While I probably would have liked a little more time, the violation of privacy, which is the most egregious part of this case, unfortunately is a misdemeanor," Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said on Friday.
Hobbs, formerly of Salem, pleaded guilty Friday to burglary, criminal mischief, violation of privacy and attempted interception and disclosure of telecommunication or oral communications prohibited.
He spent Aug. 14 and 15 under the Salem woman's trailer after secretly planting baby monitors and using a cell phone to take videos and photos of her.
For more on this story, see Saturday editions of the New Hampshire Union Leader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior