Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont
"All I can tell you now is we're investigating a death," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin, who is chief of the homicide unit.
Police have been at 20 Sunset Drive in Belmont since early Friday morning.
The home is occupied by a family by the name of Carter, said the owner of the home, who asked not to be identified.
After a be-on-the-lookout alert went out at 1:50 p.m., Tilton Police Chief Robert Cormier said one of his officers detained Shawn Carter, address not given, at 2:20 p.m. and turned him over to Belmont police as requested.
The detention was related to the current investigation in Belmont by the major crimes unit, he said.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who moved in about a month ago, were two males, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
At one point Friday afternoon, Ed Crawford, the owner of neighboring Winnisquam Marine, said police asked the marina to close its doors for a period that lasted a few minutes.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Crawford said he hadn't seen anyone at the home this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 9
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424