Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont
"All I can tell you now is we're investigating a death," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin, who is chief of the homicide unit.
Police have been at 20 Sunset Drive in Belmont since early Friday morning.
The home is occupied by a family by the name of Carter, said the owner of the home, who asked not to be identified.
After a be-on-the-lookout alert went out at 1:50 p.m., Tilton Police Chief Robert Cormier said one of his officers detained Shawn Carter, address not given, at 2:20 p.m. and turned him over to Belmont police as requested.
The detention was related to the current investigation in Belmont by the major crimes unit, he said.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who moved in about a month ago, were two males, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
At one point Friday afternoon, Ed Crawford, the owner of neighboring Winnisquam Marine, said police asked the marina to close its doors for a period that lasted a few minutes.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Crawford said he hadn't seen anyone at the home this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424