Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont
"All I can tell you now is we're investigating a death," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin, who is chief of the homicide unit.
Police have been at 20 Sunset Drive in Belmont since early Friday morning.
The home is occupied by a family by the name of Carter, said the owner of the home, who asked not to be identified.
After a be-on-the-lookout alert went out at 1:50 p.m., Tilton Police Chief Robert Cormier said one of his officers detained Shawn Carter, address not given, at 2:20 p.m. and turned him over to Belmont police as requested.
The detention was related to the current investigation in Belmont by the major crimes unit, he said.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who moved in about a month ago, were two males, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
At one point Friday afternoon, Ed Crawford, the owner of neighboring Winnisquam Marine, said police asked the marina to close its doors for a period that lasted a few minutes.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Crawford said he hadn't seen anyone at the home this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483