Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont
"All I can tell you now is we're investigating a death," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin, who is chief of the homicide unit.
Police have been at 20 Sunset Drive in Belmont since early Friday morning.
The home is occupied by a family by the name of Carter, said the owner of the home, who asked not to be identified.
After a be-on-the-lookout alert went out at 1:50 p.m., Tilton Police Chief Robert Cormier said one of his officers detained Shawn Carter, address not given, at 2:20 p.m. and turned him over to Belmont police as requested.
The detention was related to the current investigation in Belmont by the major crimes unit, he said.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who moved in about a month ago, were two males, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
At one point Friday afternoon, Ed Crawford, the owner of neighboring Winnisquam Marine, said police asked the marina to close its doors for a period that lasted a few minutes.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Crawford said he hadn't seen anyone at the home this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917