Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit, said an investigation is ongoing into the deaths of two of the home's occupants.
The state's Medical Examiner will be conducting autopsies to determine the cause and manner of deaths. Their identities are being withheld pending notification of next of kin, he said.
"We have not arrested anybody as of yet," he said late Friday night.
Tilton police say they have detained someone wanted in relation to the investigation.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who were named Carter, moved in about a month ago. There were two males, he said, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Strelzin confirmed that an alert went out Friday afternoon to Inter-Lakes High School in Meredith in connection with the case, but would not give further details.
Ormond said she didn't know what the danger was, but put the school into a "secure campus" mode for a period of about 45 minutes. She wasn't sure what the link to Belmont might have been.
The New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit and the Belmont Police Department are continuing to investigate the incident, and ask that anyone with information call the New Hampshire State Police at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council