Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit, said an investigation is ongoing into the deaths of two of the home's occupants.
The state's Medical Examiner will be conducting autopsies to determine the cause and manner of deaths. Their identities are being withheld pending notification of next of kin, he said.
"We have not arrested anybody as of yet," he said late Friday night.
Tilton police say they have detained someone wanted in relation to the investigation.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who were named Carter, moved in about a month ago. There were two males, he said, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Strelzin confirmed that an alert went out Friday afternoon to Inter-Lakes High School in Meredith in connection with the case, but would not give further details.
Ormond said she didn't know what the danger was, but put the school into a "secure campus" mode for a period of about 45 minutes. She wasn't sure what the link to Belmont might have been.
The New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit and the Belmont Police Department are continuing to investigate the incident, and ask that anyone with information call the New Hampshire State Police at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus