Colby-Sawyer lays off 16 staff workers to balance budget
The 16 are both full- and part-time staff members, college officials said, and each was offered a severance package with health benefits.
“The extent of the college’s regret at having to take this action cannot be adequately expressed, as the individuals affected offered, for years, their great talents and gifts to the college and its mission to educate students,” the college said in a statement on its website.
“But as the projected net tuition revenues for next year became more clear, so, too, did the fact that the college faces significant financial challenges in order to achieve a balanced budget for next year.”
“I can tell you we’re projected to have a balanced budget,” Sauerwein said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- DAV plans meeting - 0
- Carrabba's managers get down and dirty for a good cause - 0
- American Legion national commander to visit NH - 0
- Milford's World War II fallen honored Sunday - 0
- Suicide Prevention Week: NH expert focuses on veterans - 0
- Kuster talks health services with vets, advocates - 0
- Oldest active member of NH chapter of MOAA turns 100 - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Londonderry Post 27 will host events - 0
- Gov. Perry calls on vets, other Americans to restore country - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax