Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’
Class Marshal Deana Nicoletti leads in graduates of Manchester Community College, held at St. Anselm College’s Sullivan Arena Wednesday. (Kathy Remillard Photo)
Paul Holloway, a trustee of the Community College System of New Hampshire, urged students to get involved in their communities.
Holloway reminded students to thank those who supported their educational goals.
“Thank you — they’re very important words, and they mean a lot to the people who hear them,” he added.
He urged students not to be complacent, to seek opportunity and to learn as much as they can.
“Start here, and go far,” he said. “Destiny is not by chance, but by choice.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 1
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 3
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 3
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Workers pulling for ex-Market Basket CEO's buyout bid; rally planned Friday before board meeting
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health