Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun
Dalton Cyr, 21, will appear before a judge to enter his guilty plea on May 28, and be sentenced on the same day, according to court records.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public. The simple assault and attempt to take a firearm charges were felonies punishable by prison time.
Salem police responded to a report of two men fighting in the street near the home around 3:30 a.m., but discovered the party was at the home nearby.
Prosecutors say that Cyr grabbed at Salem police Officer Joseph Freda’s firearm from his holster and kicked Freda while being taken into custody.
Prosecutors sought an enhanced penalty on the simple assault charge — usually a misdemeanor — because Freda was acting in his official capacity as a police officer.
Cyr has been held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424