Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun
Dalton Cyr, 21, will appear before a judge to enter his guilty plea on May 28, and be sentenced on the same day, according to court records.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public. The simple assault and attempt to take a firearm charges were felonies punishable by prison time.
Salem police responded to a report of two men fighting in the street near the home around 3:30 a.m., but discovered the party was at the home nearby.
Prosecutors say that Cyr grabbed at Salem police Officer Joseph Freda’s firearm from his holster and kicked Freda while being taken into custody.
Prosecutors sought an enhanced penalty on the simple assault charge — usually a misdemeanor — because Freda was acting in his official capacity as a police officer.
Cyr has been held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 1
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
- Salem child porn arrest after tip leading to cloud storage of images - 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 9
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Total Votes: 917