Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping
BRENTWOOD – A man who allegedly robbed a Market Basket store in Epping and crashed his car before being caught by Rochester police was indicted on a felony robbery charge.
Eric Dubois, 32, of Somersworth is facing a single count of robbery in connection with the Feb. 9 confrontation with a store worker.
An indictment in Rockingham County Superior Court says that Dubois handed the clerk a threatening note that read, “Stay calm. Give me all of your money or I will start hurting people starting with you. MAKE IT FAST.”
Dubois fled with $163 in cash that the clerk handed him. The store manager chased Dubois into the parking lot and spotted him getting into a car, according to court records.
The manager got the car’s license plate number, prompting police to issue a be-on-the-lookout (BOLO) bulletin to area towns, according to police.
A Barrington police officer spotted Dubois’ vehicle, but the driver refused to stop, police said.
Dubois continued to flee from the officer until he crashed on Route 125 in Rochester. He was arrested at the scene. Police recovered $158 from the vehicle.
Dubois later admitted during an interview with police that he passed the note to the store clerk and fled with the money. He also claimed that he was going through tough financial times.
Police found other evidence connecting Dubois to the robbery as well, court records say. Police seized a blue, hooded sweatshirt Dubois allegedly wore during the robbery and a piece of an inspection report that was used to make the note. Barrington police brought their own charges against Dubois for allegedly causing the crash. In Strafford County, he faces charges of reckless operation, reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer and driving after suspension.
The felony robbery charge is punishable by up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison if Dubois is convicted by a jury.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 22
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 1
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424