Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Former editor indicted on child porn charges
OSSIPEE — A retired newspaper editor with a summer home in Wakefield has been indicted on eight felony counts of possession of child sexual abuse images.
A Carroll County Superior Court grand jury on May 17 handed up the indictments alleging that Edward C. Domaingue, 65, of Ormand, Fla., on or about Sept. 4, 2012, committed the crime of possession of child sexual abuse images. The images listed in the indictments are two computer video files and six photograph files of girls under the age of 18 engaged in sexual activities. Each charge is a Class A-level felony punishable by a prison term of seven and one half to 15 years.
Domaingue, formerly the vice president of news for the Union Leader Corp., is scheduled to appear on the charges in Carroll County Superior Court on June 5. He was arrested March 15 by the Wakefield Police Department — he had turned himself in — and was charged with one count of possession of child pornography. He was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail.
Domaingue and his attorney, David Ruoff of Manchester, appeared in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division, April 17 where he waived a probable cause hearing. Judge Robert Varney approved the waiver and made no changes to bail conditions at that time.
In March, Wakefield Police Department officials said they teamed up with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force in August of 2012 after receiving information from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that Domaingue allegedly possessed child pornography on his computer. Search warrants in the case have been sealed.
Domaingue worked for the newspaper for 28 years, retiring in 2010. He declined comment this week and Ruoff did not return a call.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 20
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424