Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
The following events and observances are scheduled for Memorial Day weekend through May 30. The list is in alphabetical order by community.
• ALTON — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Monument Square, to Riverside Cemetery and back to Monument Square for a ceremony.
• AMHERST — Friday, May 27: Parade, 6 p.m., from the large common. It will stop at four village cemeteries and monuments and end with a ceremony on the common at 7 p.m.
• ANTRIM — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9:30 a.m., Main Street.
• AUBURN — Thursday, May 23: Assembly, 9:30 a.m., at Auburn Village School.
• BENNINGTON — Monday, May 27: Parade, 11:30 a.m. starts at VFW Hall on School Street. American Legion Post 50 will host a lunch, 12:30 p.m., at the VFW Hall.
• Berlin — Monday, May 27: Observances at the city's war memorials and area cemeteries. Participants will leave from the VFW at 8 a.m.
Bethlehem — Sunday, May 26: Observances, 12:45 p.m. at Main Street Cemetery, 1 p.m. at Maple Street Cemetery.
• BOSCAWEN — Thursday, May 30: The New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery will hold its Memorial Day Ceremony from 11 a.m. to noon at the cemetery, 110 Daniel Webster Highway. Seating is limited; attendees are encouraged to bring chairs.
• BRISTOL — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9:30 a.m., from Freudenburg-NOK's East Parking Lot. It will make stops for ceremonies at Homeland Cemetery, the point of the Richard W. Musgrove Bridge, and Newfound Memorial Middle School, where the main ceremony will be held.
• CANDIA — Friday, May 24: Program, 1:15 p.m., Candia Moore School. Public is invited.
• CLAREMONT — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Claremont Middle School, along South Street, to West Pleasant Street Cemetery for a ceremony. It will return along South Street and end with a ceremony in Broad Street Park.
• CONCORD — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9 a.m., from Burlington Coat Factory, Storrs Street, along Pleasant Street and Main Street to the Old North Cemetery for a ceremony, then to the State House, 107 N. Main Street, for another ceremony.
• DERRY — Monday, May 27: Parade, 11 a.m., from Hood Commons, along Crystal Avenue to MacGregor Park for a ceremony.
• DOVER — Thursday, May 30: Picnic, 11:30 a.m., Hellenic Center, Long Hill Road. Free to veterans, $10 to non-veterans. Ceremony, 6 p.m., Pine Hill Cemetery.
• DUBLIN — Monday, May 27: Parade, 11:15 a.m., from the Yankee Parking lot, along Route 101 to the cemetery.
• DUNBARTON — Monday, May 27: Wreath-laying ceremony, 11 a.m., town common. Program at 1 p.m., the elementary school.
• EASTON — Sunday, May 26: Ceremony, 2:15 p.m., Easton Cemetery.
• Franconia — Sunday, May 26: Ceremony, 1:30 p.m., Franconia Cemetery.
• FRANKLIN — Monday, May 27: Coffee social, 10:15 a.m., New Hampshire Veterans Home. Ceremony, 11 a.m., New Hampshire Veterans Home. Parade, 2 p.m., from Sanel Auto Parts to Franklin High School.
• GILFORD — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9:30 a.m., from Gilford Community Church to the Veterans Memorial and Pine Grove Cemetery for a ceremony at 10 a.m.
• GOFFSTOWN — Friday, May 24: Program, 1:30 p.m., Maple Avenue Elementary School. Monday. May 27: Parade, 8:35 a.m., from the high school to the Tomb of Unknowns, Westlawn Cemetery.
• Greenfield — Sunday, May 26: Parade, noon, from the Greenfield Inn to the Meeting House for a luncheon and ice cream social.
• HAMPTON/HAMPTON FALLS/NORTH HAMPTON — Monday, May 27: Observance, 8 a.m., Hampton Beach (north of the Marine War Memorial).
Observance, 9 a.m., Weare Common, Hampton Falls (short parade at 8:45 a.m.).
Parade, 10 a.m., North Hampton, followed by a gathering at the library.
Parade, 11 a.m., through Hampton, followed by services at High Street Cemetery.
Noon to 2 p.m., hotdogs, sodas, music at Hampton Academy Junior High School, across from the cemetery.
• HANCOCK — Monday, May 27: Parade, 2 p.m., from Hancock Elementary School, School Street, heading down Main Street toward town office. Stops at Norway Plains cemetery and Pine Ridge cemetery. Concludes at school.
• Henniker — Monday, May 27: Parade and observances, 10 a.m., at Community Park, followed by the Newmont Military Band and activities at town hall.
• Hopkinton — Monday, May 27: Observance, 10 a.m., in Contoocook Village. Parade lines up at the old Grange Hall, Cedar Street.
• HOOKSETT — Saturday, May 25: At 10:30 a.m., tattered flags will be replaced at veterans' gravesites at Hooksett cemeteries. Sunday, May 26: Parade, noon, from Lambert's Park, Merrimack Street, to American Legion Post 37, Riverside Street. Monday, May 27: Wreath-laying ceremony, 10 a.m., Hooksett cemeteries; Thursday, May 30: Observance, 5:30 p.m., Hooksett Memorial School.
• HUDSON — Monday, May 27: Parade, 2 p.m., from Hudson Mall, Derry Road, to Hudson American Legion Hall, Fulton Street.
• JAFFREY — Monday, May 27: Breakfast, 6 to 9:30 a.m., American Legion Post 11, Webster Street. Veterans visit the town's six cemeteries, 7:30 to 9:50 a.m. Parade, 10:45 a.m., from the post to the Civil War Memorial, the Korean-Vietnam Memorial Park, the Gold Star Mother's Memorial and the Buddy Monument. Flag-raising ceremony, noon, town common.
• KEENE — Friday, May 24: Prayer service and ceremony, 12:45 p.m., Saint Joseph Cemetery, 600 Main St. Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Gilbo Street, along Main and Washington streets, to the Keene Recreation Center for a ceremony. Afterward, veterans are invited to a luncheon at the VFW, 459 Winchester St.
• Laconia: Monday, May 27: Ceremony, 9 a.m., Veteran's Square. Parade will begin after the ceremony, travel along South Main Street, stop so wreaths can be tossed into the river, and end at Veterans Square. Brunch, 11 a.m., the VFW, 143 Court St.
• LEBANON — Monday, May 27: Parade, 11 a.m., from the old Sacred Heart School, Hanover Street, along Route 120, stop for a ceremony at the Hanover Street Bridge, continue around Colburn Park and along Church Street, stop at School Street cemetery for a ceremony, and return to Colburn Park for a final ceremony. Display of military artifacts, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Grand Army of the Republic Hall, next to City Hall.
• LEE — Monday, May 27: Parade, 12:45 p.m., from Town Hall, 7 Mast Road.
• LITCHFIELD — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from the middle school to the Litchfield Historical Society building for a service. Civil War artifacts will be on display at the historical society.
• LISBON — Sunday, May 26: Ceremony, 11 a.m., Main Street gazebo.
• Littleton — Sunday, May 26: Ceremonies, 10 a.m. at the Riverglen Center, noon at Littleton Cemetery. Monday, May 27: Parade, 11:15 a.m., from the Littleton Fire Station to Veterans Memorial Bridge for a ceremony will be held at noon. Barbecue, 1:30 p.m., the VFW.
• LONDONDERRY — Monday, May 27: Mass, 9 a.m., Holy Cross Cemetery, hosted by St. Jude's Parish. If it rains, Mass will be held at the church, 435 Mammoth Road. Parade, 10 a.m., from the high school and along Mammoth Road to the Town Common and Londonderry Cemetery for ceremonies.
• LOUDON — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9 a.m., from the American Legion building to the Congregational Church.
• Lyndeborough — Sunday, May 26: Observance, 9 a.m., Lafayette Artillery Co. at Lyndeborough Center Church, followed by procession to Center Cemetery and South Cemetery. Memorial service, 1 p.m., on the Village Green.
• MANCHESTER — Monday, May 27: Observances at 9 a.m., Stark Park, at 10:30 a.m., Manchester Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1718 Smyth Road, and at 3 p.m., National Moment of Remembrance, Manchester VA. Parade, 2 p.m., from the intersection of Salmon and Elm streets to Veterans Memorial Park for a wreath-laying ceremony.
• MEREDITH — Monday, May 27: Parade, 8 a.m., from Oakland Cemetery to several other cemeteries, ending at 10:30 a.m. at Hesky Park. POW/MIA ceremony, 10:45 a.m.. Ice cream social, 11 a.m.
• MERRIMACK — Monday, May 27: Parade, 11 a.m., from Rite Aid, 416 Daniel Webster Highway, to the Fraser Square monument and to the Civil War monument along Baboosic Lake Road; wreaths will be laid at both sites. Parade will end with a service at Last Rest Cemetery.
• Milford — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Milford High School, with stops at veterans' memorials and ceremonies on the Milford Oval.
• NASHUA — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10:30 a.m., from Holman Stadium to Lake Street.
• NEW BOSTON — Thursday, May 30: Program, 9 a.m., New Boston Central School. Public is invited.
• NEWPORT — Monday, May 27: American Legion Post Brewster-Gould-Lee-Rollins Post 25 will decorate veterans' graves in the cemetery, 8 a.m. Observance, 11 a.m., town common.
• NORTHWOOD — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Coe-Brown Northwood Academy to Town Hall, Route 4, for observances.
• PELHAM — Friday, May 24: St. Patrick's School flag-retirement ceremony, 9:30 a.m., the Parish Center. Monday, May 27: Ceremony, 9 a.m., Veterans Park, Mammoth Road. Parade, 10:45 a.m., from the Village Green to Gibson Cemetery and to First Congregational Church; wreaths will be laid at both sites. Parade will end at the American Legion for a cookout.
• PETERBOROUGH — Monday, May 27: Parade, 8:30 a.m., from the Peterborough Community Center, Elm Street, along Main Street to the Memorial Gates, Grove Street, for a ceremony. If it rains, the ceremony will be held in the upper hall of the Peterborough Town House.
• RINDGE — Monday, May 27: Picnic and observances, noon, town common. Parade, 1:30 p.m., from the town offices to the Civil War Monument, Hillside Cemetery, Goddard Road, for a ceremony, then back to Veterans' Memorial Park. Band performance, 2:30 p.m., Smith Pavilion. Thursday, May 30: Service, 2 p.m., Cathedral of the Pines, 10 Hale Hill Road.
• ROCHESTER — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Holy Rosary Church, along North Main Street, to the bridge over the Cocheco River for a Naval Memorial Service. The event will end at with a brief memorial service on the Commons along South Main Street.
• ROLLINSFORD – Monday, May 27: Parade, 11 a.m., from Berwick Town Hall, Berwick, Maine.
• SALEM — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from the Veterans Memorial at Pine Grove Cemetery, along Main Street, to Veterans Memorial Park, town common, for more observances.
• SANDWICH — Monday, May 27: Breakfast, 8 to 10 a.m., Craft Building, the fairgrounds. Observances, 10:30 a.m., next to the post office.
• STRAFFORD – Monday, May 27: Parade, 11:30 a.m., from Beaver Dam Estates, Beaver Road, to Bow Lake Dam, Route 202A.
• SWANZEY — Monday May 27: Parade, 2 p.m., from Cutler School, West Swanzey. Ceremonies will be held at the cemetery and at the bridge. The parade will end with a ceremony at the town war memorial, West Swanzey Community Church. Refreshments will be served afterward.
• WEARE — Monday, May 27: Program, 10 a.m., Weare Middle School.
• Wilton — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9 a.m., followed by ceremonies downtown. The parade starts at the Bent-Burke American Legion Post and stops at the west end of town.
• WINDHAM — Monday, May 27: Parade, 9:30 a.m., from Windham Center School, along South Lowell and Cobbetts Pond roads, to Cemetery on the Plains for a service. An ice cream social will follow.
• WOLFEBORO — Monday, May 27: Parade, 10 a.m., from Brewster Field, to Pickering's Corner, to Carpenter School and the Wolfeboro Post Office. Observances at the Wolfeboro Community Gazebo. In case of rain, services move to the Wright Museum.