Meredith docks repair in time for holiday weekend
The docks, which are heavily used on Memorial Day and all summer long by boaters coming into and leaving Meredith Bay, were damaged when the ice left Lake Winnipesaukee earlier in the spring.
It's happened before, he said. In 2007, there was similar damage, and likely in years before then, he said. The problem occurs when weather elements combine in just the right way, with winds pushing the ice in the right direction.
The project will likely cost several thousand dollars, Faller said.
Ambrose crews were on the scene Wednesday, having dropped a barge with some heavy equipment in the lake. Workers pulled it to the front of the dock, where they began removing the damaged pilings.
"That is unless we find surprises," he said, such as more damage than had been previously found in the docks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School offers free Winter Classes - 0
- Free Ice Fishing Seminars at Fish and Game in January - 0
- Amherst holiday tour features historical homes - 0
- Peterborough seniors know they have friends - 0
- Enter to win a pair of tickets to see Zappa Plays Zappa - 0
- Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow - 0
- Feeling Scrooge-ish? Just visit the Festival of Trees - 0
- Monadnock Conservancy gets towns' financial help - 0
- Wreaths Around Wadleigh auction raises about $1,000 for library programs - 0
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Peterborough seniors know they have friends
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
2013 Holiday Happenings
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand