Meredith docks repair in time for holiday weekend
The docks, which are heavily used on Memorial Day and all summer long by boaters coming into and leaving Meredith Bay, were damaged when the ice left Lake Winnipesaukee earlier in the spring.
It's happened before, he said. In 2007, there was similar damage, and likely in years before then, he said. The problem occurs when weather elements combine in just the right way, with winds pushing the ice in the right direction.
The project will likely cost several thousand dollars, Faller said.
Ambrose crews were on the scene Wednesday, having dropped a barge with some heavy equipment in the lake. Workers pulled it to the front of the dock, where they began removing the damaged pilings.
"That is unless we find surprises," he said, such as more damage than had been previously found in the docks.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- For those in need, New Horizons greenhouse changes everything - 0
- Dartmouth professor names 5 fun, creative stocking stuffers - 0
- Skiing and snowboarding are the tip of the resort iceberg at Bretton Woods - 0
- 'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge - 0
- Josh Logan at British Beer Company - 1
- All aboard! Santa Express pulling out for year's last trips - 0
- Kung Fu and Dopapod at Press Room - 0
- Take a peek at Rudders during holidays in Pontine puppet production - 0
- Holiday classic at Kingswood Arts Center - 0
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Josh Logan at British Beer Company
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow