Meredith docks repair in time for holiday weekend
The docks, which are heavily used on Memorial Day and all summer long by boaters coming into and leaving Meredith Bay, were damaged when the ice left Lake Winnipesaukee earlier in the spring.
It's happened before, he said. In 2007, there was similar damage, and likely in years before then, he said. The problem occurs when weather elements combine in just the right way, with winds pushing the ice in the right direction.
The project will likely cost several thousand dollars, Faller said.
Ambrose crews were on the scene Wednesday, having dropped a barge with some heavy equipment in the lake. Workers pulled it to the front of the dock, where they began removing the damaged pilings.
"That is unless we find surprises," he said, such as more damage than had been previously found in the docks.
- Rock N' Blues Fest Roars Into Plymouth - 0
- 2015/2016 Season Passes Now on Sale for Crotched Mountain - 0
- Make 12 Hours Count: Radio-Thon to Benefit Veterans Count - 0
- Bass Pro Shops Sponsors Fishing Seminar for High School Students - 0
- Loeb School Offers Workshop for Freelance Writers - 0
- Ryan Cabrera releases long-awaited EP 'Wake Up Beautiful' - 0
- NH Club Notes: NH Rail Transit Authority focus of Lions’ program - 0
- Office of the Consumer Advocate plans public session - 0
- New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015 - 0
British Metal Legends SAXON Announce 'Warriors of the Road' U.S. Tour with Armored Saint, Select Dates with Judas PriestREADER COMMENTS: 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015
Rock N' Blues Fest Roars Into Plymouth
A new favorite spot for classy seafood
NH delegation stands with Israel