Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
No 'official' Winni Derby big catch winner announced yet
Derby volunteers are meeting Thursday to determine the time and place where 17-year-old Bishop Brady High School junior Dakota Wright will take a polygraph test to assure that he caught his derby-winning 22.5-inch, 3.7-pound salmon in Lake Winnipesaukee.
Derby officials decided this year to enforce its Rule 15, which requires a polygraph test for the winner of the salmon contest.
Derby chair Diane LaBrie said the polygraph administrator is from Ossipee, and the derby staff are volunteers with day jobs, so scheduling of the test has not been done yet.
LaBrie also said the polygraph operator's procedure does not permit photographs to be taken during the test.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Outdoors with the AMC: Making the most of winter with snowshoes - 0
- Colebrook bocce tourney a cool time - 0
- Vintage snowmobiles chew up the cold in popular annual race - 0
- There's nothing like a wood fire - 0
- NH Outstanding Teen pageant Feb. 14-15 - 0
- Forest Journal: Be on the lookout for falling squirrels - 0
- Down to Earth - Budget Vogue: Collections of (someone's) precious memories - 0
- Win tickets to see LIly Tomlin - 0
- Win tickets to see the Very Best of Celtic Thunder - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
There's nothing like a wood fire
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
NH Outstanding Teen pageant Feb. 14-15
$1 billion hit seen for electric ratepayers
Romney opts out of run for presidency
Guinta talks bipartisanship, new bill to spare taxpayer cost of redundant government legislation
Hockey fans angry, sad to see Monarchs go