New Hampshire Club News
Winnipesaukee DAR Chapter plans annual meeting
WOLFEBORO — The Winnipesaukee Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution will have its annual meeting Saturday, June 8, at the Wolfeboro Inn.
At the chapter's meeting this month, the members discussed plans for the annual meeting, which will include the chapter's 90th birthday celebration, the official visit of the state regent, Laura McCrillis Kessler, and the election of officers, all rolled into one.
Some of the members plan to be in costume for the event, representing 1776-1923.
Reservations must be in by Friday, May 31. The meal features a choice of chicken or salmon. The cost is $25. Checks payable to Winnipesaukee Chapter NHSODAR should be mailed to Priscilla Theberge, P.O. Box 266, Wolfeboro, NH 03894, with the meal choice noted on the check. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Also at the May meeting, chapter chaplain Sandra Hargy gave the oath of membership to Jill Pernokas, who was admitted Dec. 8, 2012. The chapter also welcomed prospective member Janet Petersen.
Regent Nancy Ramos presented Charlotte Ferguson with her 25-year member certificate. Sugar Hill Retirement Community allowed the chapter to meet in its coffee shop, so that members who live there, including Mrs. Ferguson, could attend a meeting.
The chapter will again be part of the Wolfeboro Fourth of July parade. Members do not need to walk as a car will be available. Those who don't have costumes are encouraged to wear red, white and blue.
For more about DAR, contact Ramos at 569-9362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.