Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots
So the spokesman left to talk about the dramatic overhaul at the receiver position with the Patriots was the guy most involved in that positional transition — free agent addition and would-be Wes Welker replacement Danny Amendola.
“Sometimes, yeah,” he chuckled. “Walking around, I got lost in the building a couple times. I feel good, though. It’s good to be here.”
He appeared quite comfortable overall in his role with his new club, looking anything but lost.
“It’s familiar,” Amendola told reporters after practice. “When Josh was in St. Louis, I got to know it pretty good. It’s a little more intricate out here. It’s something to grasp. I’m learning every day. It’s the verbiage. That’s the most important thing, the vocabulary of the offense. I’m learning, day in and day out, studying at night.”
“The more work is the best in this OTA period. It’s something we’re working on. It’s good to have all the guys out here. Everybody looks good so far.”
“He darted me in the chest with one ball. Inside my head, I was like, ‘Wow, this guy can really wing it. That’s why he’s Tom Brady.’
“That’s not something I need to worry about,” he stated. “I’m worried about the playbook and getting the routes down and getting on the same page with my teammates. The good thing is, I don’t have to worry about that stuff.”
NEW YORK (Reuters) — San Francisco and Houston were chosen Tuesday as host cities for the 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls after National Football League team owners voted for the two ahead of Miami.
Then Houston will stage the 51st edition of the sport’s championship game in early 2017 at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Texans.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race