Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots
So the spokesman left to talk about the dramatic overhaul at the receiver position with the Patriots was the guy most involved in that positional transition — free agent addition and would-be Wes Welker replacement Danny Amendola.
“Sometimes, yeah,” he chuckled. “Walking around, I got lost in the building a couple times. I feel good, though. It’s good to be here.”
He appeared quite comfortable overall in his role with his new club, looking anything but lost.
“It’s familiar,” Amendola told reporters after practice. “When Josh was in St. Louis, I got to know it pretty good. It’s a little more intricate out here. It’s something to grasp. I’m learning every day. It’s the verbiage. That’s the most important thing, the vocabulary of the offense. I’m learning, day in and day out, studying at night.”
“The more work is the best in this OTA period. It’s something we’re working on. It’s good to have all the guys out here. Everybody looks good so far.”
“He darted me in the chest with one ball. Inside my head, I was like, ‘Wow, this guy can really wing it. That’s why he’s Tom Brady.’
“That’s not something I need to worry about,” he stated. “I’m worried about the playbook and getting the routes down and getting on the same page with my teammates. The good thing is, I don’t have to worry about that stuff.”
NEW YORK (Reuters) — San Francisco and Houston were chosen Tuesday as host cities for the 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls after National Football League team owners voted for the two ahead of Miami.
Then Houston will stage the 51st edition of the sport’s championship game in early 2017 at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Texans.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Schimpf homers twice, Fisher Cats win in Portland - 0
- Fisher Cats power Stroman to first win at New Britain - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Portland offense rips Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats walk off with win - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Portland's Michael Almanzar is the Comeback Kid - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Sea Dogs’ Vazquez showing all the tools - 0
- Walden sparkles as Fishers blank Sea Dogs - 0
- For Fisher Cats, here come the Sea Dogs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire