Cause of death for Army Ranger from Derry as yet undetermined
DeMeo, a 2007 Pinkerton Academy graduate, died unexpectedly while stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C., on May 14.
DeMeo was “a prince who God called back to his kingdom,” according to his parents, Paul and Lucienne DeMeo.
“Paul was a charming person who always looked out for his brothers and sisters,” said Lucienne. “As an Army officer, Paul looked out for his troops as if they were family. He was humble and always driven to do better. He had the most beautiful smile.”
“Being born on and living on a military installation in a foreign country until he was 13½, the military was the lifestyle he knew,” said his father.
Steadman remembered DeMeo as a natural leader who earned the respect of students and instructors.
DeMeo was also the first member of the Pinkerton Academy Air Force Junior ROTC program to attend a service academy, graduating from West Point in 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester middle school principal accused of chokehold cleared, back to work - 3
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters