Home » News » Public Safety
Lightning strikes home in Exeter
Everyone escaped the home which was struck by lightning about 1:50 a.m. The roof of the 2 ½ story home at 8 Fox Chapel Court caught fire and when fire crews arrived, smoke was coming out an attic window.
Flames spread to a second floor bathroom before firefighters extinguished it. The blaze was under control about an hour after it was reported.
Fire officials said the cause remains under investigation, but said lightning was most likely the blame.
The residence is uninhabitable.
Fire crews from Newfields and Durham provided mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Bruins shut out Wings
High School Volleyball results
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing