Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up
Last week, the university said it will pay about $100,000 to a New York City design firm that has prepared three possible logos. The notion is to modernize the image of UNH and distant it from the single-campus model that is implicit in the Thompson Hall logo.
Scotty Arsenault said the university should hire a local artist. "You're paying a ridiculous amount for insultingly mediocre designs. Don't limit yourselves to this shield/crest concept," he wrote.
"We need to compete nationally and internationally for students and dollars," she said.
UNH President Mark Huddleston will make the final decision on the logo, Mantz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman among 3 dead after police storm Australia cafe - 0
- Hostages held in Australia Lindt Cafe, forced to hold Islamic flag in window - 0
- Iraq presses Hagel for greater U.S. military support against ISIS - 0
- Graphic report on CIA interrogations, torture released by Senate Democrats - 10
- U.S., South African hostages in Yemen killed in rescue attempt by U.S. SEAL team - 1
- Islamic State targeted in 17 air strikes by U.S., allies - 0
- ISIS kills US aid worker who had been held hostage - 0
- NH Guard members buoyed by deployment ceremony - 0
- U.S. helicopters return to combat missions in Iraq - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH firm says N. Korea's online presence back, though stability a question - 3
- Medicare payments will be cut to 3 NH hospitals - 0
- NH doctor returns home after helping workers battle Ebola - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 0
- Former Milwaukee officer won't be charged in fatal shooting of black man - 0
- Stocks up for fourth straight day - 0
- Google challenges Amazon with same-day deliveries for the holidays - 0
- Settlement reached on T-Mobile charges - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings