Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
No surprise there.
Shapiro, a 5-foot-3 junior attack, has been outstanding for the Bulldogs since she stepped on the field as a freshman.
She now has 204 goals and 49 assists.
"She's a competitor," said Bedford coach Christine Hodgdon. "She's tenacious and she's shifty. She does all the draws and leads us in all categories. She's a complete player. She's got the best footwork I've seen in a long time."
Shapiro scored 56 goals as a freshman and 79 as sophomore and is up to 69 this season with a pair of regular season games and the tournament to go.
Hanover 22, Bishop Guertin 12: At Nashua, the Marauders ran their record to 14-1, while the Cardinals dropped to 8-4. Kristin Cameron scored four goals, Callie Santos three and Averi Farhart a pair for Bishop Guertin. Caley Prunier, Nicole Pettiglio and Jess Lambert each added a goal.
Goffstown 11, Merrimack 5: At Merrimack, Logan Allard and Jake Carney scored three goals each to lead the Grizzlies (9-4). Carney also had five assists. Tyler Bradford had a pair of goals for Merrimack (4-10).
Pinkerton 3, Dover 1: In Derry, Nate Rossi provided a two-run first inning single and gave pitcher Chris Gerossie all he needed to chalk up the win. He scattered four hits and fanned five. Connor Donahue notched the save and contributed an RBI triple. Pinkerton is 6-11 and Dover fell to 10-7.
Alvirne 9, Memorial 3: The Broncos scored six runs in the fifth inning to power past visiting Manchester Memorial. Dakota Williams had two hits and two RBIs while Tyler Brown struck out 10.
Newmarket 5, Derryfield 2: In Manchester, Sean Fleming pitched a complete game five-hitter with 12 strikeouts for the 12-3 Mules. The lefthander issued no walks. Dom Cappadona and Nick Regan each drove in a run for the 8-6 Cougars.
Concord 4, Central 1: Concord scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to erase a 1-0 deficit en route to a win at home. Concord pitcher Katie Kennard got the win and helped the Crimson Tide improve to 14-2. Central fell to 8-8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
- Meredith man gets McQuillen Award for service to vets - 0
- Wright Museum in Wolfeboro to preserve Walter Healy's story - 0
- Auburn students get special visitor - 0
- Wounded warrior needs some help - 0
- VAMC Manchester : Try quitting smoking today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice