All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire


MANCHESTER — A home on one of the highest elevations in the city was struck by lightning Tuesday morning, sparking a small fire that was quickly extinguished, fire department official said.

Lightning struck the roof at 133 Shepherd Road, which is located off Currier Drive, said Manchester District Fire Chief Jim Michael.

A neighbor saw the strike, saw smoke and called the fire department at 10:44 a.m., Michael said.

The resident, Roya Moin, was unaware of the fire.

“We actually knocked on her door and let her know her house was on fire,” Michael said. Moin told firefighters he heard the thunder crack and felt a tingling in her mouth, but remained on the computer.

He said damage to the house amounted to about $15,000.

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required
Coming Feb. 5

We'll print a premium Voters First Primary Edition on Feb. 5 profiling the candidates and exploring the issues ahead of the vote Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Joe McQuaid - Publisher

Biff and Donald Trump  Trump campaign insults NH voters' intelligence


 For our safety, our future: Chris Christie for President


More Public Safety


NH Angle