Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist
Mark Donnelly, 31, of Manchester, with his fiancee Vanessa Hall, the mother of their 2-year-old daughter, Madyson. (Courtesy)
Murder victim Mark Donnelly, 31, of Manchester, was a talented graffiti artist who in November 2011 did this image at 5pointz in New York City, a mecca for graffiti artists from all over the world. (COURTESY)
Mark Donnelly, 31, who was originally from Nashua but lived and worked in Manchester for the past couple of years, was the victim of the shooting, according to friends as well as his fiancee, Vanessa Hall of Manchester, the mother of his 2-year-old daughter, Madyson.
Hall, his girlfriend of four years, said Donnelly was heading back to a party at a Penacook Street apartment of a friend who was graduating from college Sunday. Two other friends were with him when, Hall said, they were approached by a woman who asked them for money.
"He saw the gun and Mark said, 'I don't want to fight you. I'm not a bitch,'" she said Donnelly told the gunman. "I'll fight you one on one."
The man opened fire. Witnesses reported hearing about a half-dozen shots that sounded like a semi-automatic weapon.
Hall said Bernier was trying to stop the flow of blood. "He was trying to keep him with him and was talking to him so he wouldn't be scared," she said.
"It was like a bad dream. It was crazy," Katon said.
An ambulance arrived soon after and took the injured man to Elliot Hospital, which was placed on lockdown until 1:15 a.m. Sunday.
"I told him not to get into any trouble before I left ... You know Mark, always gettin' into fights when he drinks ... even with a gun in his face he still didn't back down. It's just so hard to believe someone so benevolent was taken so soon. It still doesn't feel real. I just seen him."
Donnelly was a talented graffiti artist whom people hired to paint entire rooms in their homes, according to Hall.
"He was a master at graffiti lettering," said Brown, who owns the graffiti store Streetwise in Nashua. Donnelly also was known for his artistry with anything having to do with the Boston professional sports teams.
"Mark, he doesn't do anything bad," Brown said. "He doesn't do drugs. It wasn't drug-related. He definitely was the victim."
New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Paul Feely contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 12
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917