Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Schimpf homers twice, Fisher Cats win in Portland
Schimpf hit a two-run shot in the first inning off Portland starter Charlie Haeger to stake New Hampshire to a 2-0 lead. With the Fisher Cats clinging to a 4-3 in the top of the ninth, Schimpf hit a three-run bomb to put the result beyond doubt.
Marcus Walden (3-4) earned the win, going six innings for the Fisher Cats, allowing eight hits and three runs, two of them earned. He walked two and struck out two.
Haeger (1-1) went 6 2/3 innings for Portland and took the loss. He allowed four runs on seven hits, striking out four and walking four.
Portland (24-17) got a solo homer from Tony Thomas, and RBI doubles from Heiker Meneses and Michael Almanzar.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child