Home » Opinion » Editorials
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
A group of Free Keene activists have been "Robin Hooding" in the city, feeding coins into people's expired parking meters so they will not get a ticket. Alas, what might have been a welcoming gesture to residents and visitors has become a tale of harassment and incivility.
Video posted on the Free Keene website shows a meter reader being shouted at as she issues a ticket. She says, "I'm just doing my job," and someone responds by yelling at her, saying she is stealing. The same video shows at least four people surrounding a meter reader and following her with video cameras, most of the circling crowd within arm's reach. Robin Hood's men were supposed to be merry, not uncivil and rude.
READER COMMENTS: 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
- Power shortage: Our environmentalism tax - 18
- Turkeys for all: Thanks and giving in Manchester - 0
- Politics & pipes: Keystone's friends and enemies - 32
- A silenced voice who spoke for those who could not - 2
- Big Green grime: Dartmouth needs a cleaning - 4
- Retaliation? Right-to-know revisions could help - 1
- Classroom inputs: A Nashua literacy experiment - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH