Home » Opinion » Editorials
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
A group of Free Keene activists have been "Robin Hooding" in the city, feeding coins into people's expired parking meters so they will not get a ticket. Alas, what might have been a welcoming gesture to residents and visitors has become a tale of harassment and incivility.
Video posted on the Free Keene website shows a meter reader being shouted at as she issues a ticket. She says, "I'm just doing my job," and someone responds by yelling at her, saying she is stealing. The same video shows at least four people surrounding a meter reader and following her with video cameras, most of the circling crowd within arm's reach. Robin Hood's men were supposed to be merry, not uncivil and rude.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park