Home  Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee

May 20. 2013 7:02PM

New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston


NEW IPSWICH — A local man was flown with serious burns to a Boston Hospital after his garage caught fire on Monday afternoon.

Shortly before 3 pm on Monday, firefighters were dispatched to a home at 258 Turnpike Road for a reported garage fire, according to Deputy Fire Chief Meredith Lund.


Once on scene, fire fighters discovered that a car was on fire inside the garage and one victim, an unidentified man, was next door at a neighbor’s house, suffering from serious burns to his face, arms and hands.


Lund said it appears that the man was working on the car in the garage when the vapors that had accumulated ignited. The man was able to get out of the garage before the fire spread to the car and the building.


The man, whom Lund would not identify until his family could be reached, was taken by ambulance to a strip mall on Turnpike Road where a MedFlight helicopter was waiting to take him to a Boston hospital for treatment.


“His injuries were more serious than the local hospital could handle so we sent him to Boston,” Lund said.

nfoster@newstote.com


 New Hampshire Events Calendar
  

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events
Arts & Entertainment
Family, Community and Culture
Outdoors, Sports and Recreation

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

Press Releases

The Tamburitzans at Colby-Sawyer September 12

READER COMMENTS: 0

On Saturday, September 12, at the Colby-Sawyer Center Theater in New London, The Tamburitzans, America's longest-running multicultural song and dance company,will bring the audience to its feet...

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler And Joe Perry Win First-Ever Emmy

READER COMMENTS: 0

For the first time in their illustrious career, AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry can add an Emmy to the long list of awards and accolades they've received.