Home » News » Public Safety
Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson
Fire engines from Hudson and Nashua responded to the fire at 2:20 a.m. Monday. The occupants of the home on B Street, Merilyn and Karrie Carnes, were outside at the time the firefighters arrived and were unharmed.
The occupants will not be able to live in the home until the roof is fixed and the electrical system has been inspected, according to the Hudson Fire Department.
From the area where the light was, the fire appears to have spread to the attic.
The Carneses were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 1
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy