North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Everything from hand tools to this excavator have been used to build, clear and improve a network of ATV trails through the North Country. (COURTESY)
"I understand not everyone supports it," he said.
"The more we can do for this North Country, we should do it," said Burnham "Bing" Judd, chairman of the Connecticut Lake Headwaters Citizens Committee. His committee has actively supported the Ride the Wilds project.
Asked Friday about the total cost of the project, Gamache said that would be hard to calculate because the funding came from so many sources and at different times, and was targeted to develop particular sections of the trail.
For example, a Trails Bureau grant of more than $60,000 went last year to the Metallak All-Terrain Vehicle Club in Colebrook to build trails in the Great North Woods that connected Gorham, Pittsburg and Colebrook.
"A lot of the trail goes through existing logging roads," he said, which reduced the need of the labor that's required for cutting new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taylor Momsen on going from 'Grinch', 'Gossip Girl' to provocative, powerhouse rocker - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Wine Week - a few more Spectacular samples - 0
- Guitar Maestro Uli John Roth performs in Londonderry in advance of March Release of 'Scorpions Revisited' a Double-Disc Collection of Re-Imagined Scorpions Classics - 0
- Councilor refuses to let blindness thwart his commitment to Bedford - 0
- Announcing the 2015 Country Megaticket at the XFinity Center - 0
- Tri-state Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Hosts Groundbreaking Ski & Snowboard Camp Partnerships - 0
- Londonderry blood drive scheduled for Friday - 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture
For many, snow day means no-pay day
Fleeing France: Tax cuts follow Socialism
20150128-New Hampshire legislator files bill to fire public officials that violate state's sovereignty