North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Everything from hand tools to this excavator have been used to build, clear and improve a network of ATV trails through the North Country. (COURTESY)
"I understand not everyone supports it," he said.
"The more we can do for this North Country, we should do it," said Burnham "Bing" Judd, chairman of the Connecticut Lake Headwaters Citizens Committee. His committee has actively supported the Ride the Wilds project.
Asked Friday about the total cost of the project, Gamache said that would be hard to calculate because the funding came from so many sources and at different times, and was targeted to develop particular sections of the trail.
For example, a Trails Bureau grant of more than $60,000 went last year to the Metallak All-Terrain Vehicle Club in Colebrook to build trails in the Great North Woods that connected Gorham, Pittsburg and Colebrook.
"A lot of the trail goes through existing logging roads," he said, which reduced the need of the labor that's required for cutting new trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speedway looks to attract more fans as NASCAR stars return to NH - 0
- Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot - 0
- A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams - 0
- Salem senior housing ordinance change proposed - 0
- New Boston students could be given option to attend Goffstown middle school - 0
- New Album 'WORLD ON FIRE' Released Today And Streaming On USA Today, appearances to follow - 0
- Whitefield artist's beadwork is a tribute to her Native American ancestry - 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project