State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail
A Vermont couple were rescued by state Fish and Game officers after hiking in the Fall Mountain Range over the weekend.
Kristy and James Dansereau, 30 and 29 years old, of Westminster, Vt., went hiking on Saturday morning. The couple set off on a woods trail from North Walpole that was not marked and not regularly maintained.
After hiking to a summit on the range, they lost the trail and tried to forge their own route to the bottom.
Several hours later, after the couple became lost, tired and the object of unwelcome attention from mosquitoes and ticks, they called 911 for assistance.
A team of conservation officers located the couple based on cell phone information from the 911 call and helped them reach Cold River Road.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.