No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken
CONCORD — Thanks to the hype generated by two huge Powerball jackpots, lottery tickets sales topped $9.3 million in New Hampshire last week, up from $6 million, state Lottery officials said.
And while the winning, $590 million Powerball ticket was sold in Florida, New Hampshire did have its share of winners in the Saturday Powerball drawing:
• A $1 million ticket sold at Bunny’s Superette in Manchester.
• A $1 million ticket sold at the Exit 3 Travel Stop in Portsmouth.
• A $10,000 ticket sold at Sally’s Food Market in Nashua. Merquiades Vidal of Nashua claimed the prize.
• A $10,000 ticket sold at Circle K on Pleasant Street in Berlin.
• A $10,000 ticket sold at Cumberland Farms in Rochester. Jessica Meyer of Cape Neddick, Maine, claimed the prize.
Lottery ticket sales meant nearly $500,000 in commissions to retailers, and $2.4 million for education funding in New Hampshire.