Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids
Back to Bikram
I recently wrote about seeking acupuncture therapy to relieve some chronic aches and pains. The acupuncture definitely helped. But, then I served Margaritas for 13 hours on Cinco de Mayo and I could barely walk the next day, let alone participate in my normal exercise routine.
Owner Pubali Campbell's new space is huge, with a larger lobby, more showers and a "hot room" that can now accommodate 25 more students. After a recent class, she told me she considered all the challenges of her former space and improved them at the new studio.
Blake's is celebrating 50 years of producing premium ice cream in Manchester, and it is looking to name one creative ice cream lover the "Blake's Flavorologist." You can be considered for the position by submitting a new flavor suggestion by this Friday.
Of course people are getting excited. The winning flavorologist gets free ice cream for a whole year. This ice cream addict has already made her submission. But coming up with something new to add to the creamery's existing 75 flavors wasn't easy.
Meetup at Mi-Te-Na
If you were one of the many local boys who attended Manchester YMCA's Camp Mi-Te-Na, you are invited to meet up with alumni at the Alton camp's Centennial Celebration June 7 through the 9th. Manchester native and Mi-Te-Na alumnus Ben Howe said he is looking forward to the festivities, which include all kinds of traditional camp activities, as well as an auction and dinner cruise.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Last year's Memorial Day Community Event and Duck Race was so much fun, Manchester Community Health Center has decided to do it again.
READER COMMENTS: 16
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 59
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 8
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 2
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change