Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids
Back to Bikram
I recently wrote about seeking acupuncture therapy to relieve some chronic aches and pains. The acupuncture definitely helped. But, then I served Margaritas for 13 hours on Cinco de Mayo and I could barely walk the next day, let alone participate in my normal exercise routine.
Owner Pubali Campbell's new space is huge, with a larger lobby, more showers and a "hot room" that can now accommodate 25 more students. After a recent class, she told me she considered all the challenges of her former space and improved them at the new studio.
Blake's is celebrating 50 years of producing premium ice cream in Manchester, and it is looking to name one creative ice cream lover the "Blake's Flavorologist." You can be considered for the position by submitting a new flavor suggestion by this Friday.
Of course people are getting excited. The winning flavorologist gets free ice cream for a whole year. This ice cream addict has already made her submission. But coming up with something new to add to the creamery's existing 75 flavors wasn't easy.
Meetup at Mi-Te-Na
If you were one of the many local boys who attended Manchester YMCA's Camp Mi-Te-Na, you are invited to meet up with alumni at the Alton camp's Centennial Celebration June 7 through the 9th. Manchester native and Mi-Te-Na alumnus Ben Howe said he is looking forward to the festivities, which include all kinds of traditional camp activities, as well as an auction and dinner cruise.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Last year's Memorial Day Community Event and Duck Race was so much fun, Manchester Community Health Center has decided to do it again.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Real bribery at the voting booth - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic - 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 2
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem