Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester
Graduate Taryn Cozzy lets friends know everything is good as she and her graduates proceed into the New Hampshire Institute of Art's Commencement at the Palace Theatre in Manchester Sunday afternoon. (Mark Bolton/Union Leader)
The graduating class included 14 transfers from Chester College, which closed its doors at the end of the last academic year.
"Every generation needs artists. Life is not worth living without art and culture. It just is not. It is what gives our lives substance," said Dubus, who described himself as an overnight success story 18 years in the making. "Don't worry about the career. Don't worry about being successful. Worry about getting your work done, and, I'm telling you, the career follows."
Fifty-seven of the 107 graduates are from New Hampshire. The institute traces its history to the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences, which was established in 1848.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383