UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
"The president's Cabinet identified this project as overdue and crucial to not only recruiting efforts both in and out of the state but to the success of the next comprehensive campaign," university spokeswoman Erika Mantz said.
Mantz said the design firm Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv, New York, is handling the redesign. The firm has "created identities for many institutions of higher education, including New York University, Middlebury College and Cornell University," she said.
Mantz said the redesign is expected to cost between $91,400 and $108,200. She said the cost includes the development of the new logo, the redrawing of the seal and guidelines specifying how the marks can be used.
"We believe the priority of UNH should be to provide a quality education at the lowest possible tuition rate for the hard-working families of New Hampshire. Sadly, it does not seem that is the focus of UNH," Greg Moore, AFP-NH state director, said in a statement. "Instead, UNH seems intent on spending money on frivolous priorities that do not contribute to the quality of education to be received by their students."
"The money comes from a discretionary fund of privately raised dollars," she said.
Mantz said university officials hope to unveil the new logo in the fall. Officials have not yet identified a preferred potential logo, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads