UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
"The president's Cabinet identified this project as overdue and crucial to not only recruiting efforts both in and out of the state but to the success of the next comprehensive campaign," university spokeswoman Erika Mantz said.
Mantz said the design firm Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv, New York, is handling the redesign. The firm has "created identities for many institutions of higher education, including New York University, Middlebury College and Cornell University," she said.
Mantz said the redesign is expected to cost between $91,400 and $108,200. She said the cost includes the development of the new logo, the redrawing of the seal and guidelines specifying how the marks can be used.
"We believe the priority of UNH should be to provide a quality education at the lowest possible tuition rate for the hard-working families of New Hampshire. Sadly, it does not seem that is the focus of UNH," Greg Moore, AFP-NH state director, said in a statement. "Instead, UNH seems intent on spending money on frivolous priorities that do not contribute to the quality of education to be received by their students."
"The money comes from a discretionary fund of privately raised dollars," she said.
Mantz said university officials hope to unveil the new logo in the fall. Officials have not yet identified a preferred potential logo, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundreds turn out for annual Newfound Turkey Trot - 0
- Manchester, Derry road races draw more than 3,600 trotters - 0
- Holiday road, trail races aplenty across NH - 0
- Wobble 'n' Gobble run set for Thanksgiving in Franconia - 0
- Wolfeboro Turkey Trot aids Lions Club, food pantries - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Communities reap economic benefits from road races - 0
- Road issues bring future Hampton marathons into question - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Time has come for NH road racing Hall of Fame - 0
- Andy Schachat's On The Run: How big are NH races going to get? - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383