Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change'
Graduates celebrate during Saturday's Plymouth State commencement. (Courtesy Plymouth State Univeristiy)
"All of our hard work has paid off," she said.
Bachelor's and master's degrees were awarded at Plymouth State University's 142nd commencement, as were certificates of advanced graduate studies.
"I'm a child of the 20th century, a time of the Cold War, and genocide . a daunting and depressive chapter of history that you didn't ask for," he said.
"You inherit this complex legacy of the 20th century, but you can be agents of change," he said. "If that sounds like happy talk, ask a woman in Afghanistan why the U.S. is a beacon of hope for women around the world."
"The Ten Commandments are not the 10 suggestions," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads