Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change'
Graduates celebrate during Saturday's Plymouth State commencement. (Courtesy Plymouth State Univeristiy)
"All of our hard work has paid off," she said.
Bachelor's and master's degrees were awarded at Plymouth State University's 142nd commencement, as were certificates of advanced graduate studies.
"I'm a child of the 20th century, a time of the Cold War, and genocide . a daunting and depressive chapter of history that you didn't ask for," he said.
"You inherit this complex legacy of the 20th century, but you can be agents of change," he said. "If that sounds like happy talk, ask a woman in Afghanistan why the U.S. is a beacon of hope for women around the world."
"The Ten Commandments are not the 10 suggestions," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
- Londonderry names assistant superintendent - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax