Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change'
Graduates celebrate during Saturday's Plymouth State commencement. (Courtesy Plymouth State Univeristiy)
"All of our hard work has paid off," she said.
Bachelor's and master's degrees were awarded at Plymouth State University's 142nd commencement, as were certificates of advanced graduate studies.
"I'm a child of the 20th century, a time of the Cold War, and genocide . a daunting and depressive chapter of history that you didn't ask for," he said.
"You inherit this complex legacy of the 20th century, but you can be agents of change," he said. "If that sounds like happy talk, ask a woman in Afghanistan why the U.S. is a beacon of hope for women around the world."
"The Ten Commandments are not the 10 suggestions," he said.
- New Belmont principal excited to move to NH - 0
- 2 finalists for Central High principal to meet public Wednesday - 0
- Nashua board to hear about new writing course - 0
- Plymouth High student upholds family tradition - 0
- VEX robotics teams practice for world championships - 0
- Nashua Library celebrates reading with edible book contest - 0
- Londonderry students serve slices for charity - 0
- All felony convictions requested in Manchester school background checks - 1
- Manchester schools told to increase minority AP enrollment - 4
At presentation at Manchester firm Dyn, middle schoolers learn STEAM Ahead could lead to cool careerREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 2
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 1
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers