Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole
"After an investigation, it was determined the driver was distracted and using her cellphone to check her Facebook status," said Sgt. Aaron Goodwin.
Kelsie Hoyne, 23, of Portsmouth, was cited for negligent driving. She was treated at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. A passenger wasn't hurt.
The accident, reported around 10:15 a.m., forced Elwyn Road to be closed for about an hour to allow for Public Service of New Hampshire to repair the phone.
Goodwin had a little advice for drivers and their phones.
"If you hear your phone go off, wait until you're in a safe location before you check your status," he said. "Either one of them could have been killed today."
READER COMMENTS: 18
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 40
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917