Home » Sports » College Sports
NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again
Jon Massad worked six innings for SNHU (35-17), scattering seven hits over seven innings. Powers pitched the final two innings for the save.
New Haven 3, Franklin Pierce 1: Ravens pitching was very good, fanning 15 New Haven hitters, but New Haven's was a little better. With the loss, sixth-seeded FPU dropped to 33-17. Third-seeded New Haven will also play an elimination game today, at 3 p.m., against top seed Wilmington (Del.), which eliminated second-seeded St. Thomas Aquinas, 8-1, in Friday's first game.
The loss went to sophomore lefty Steve Hathaway, who allowed all three runs, three hits and fanned 11.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child