Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West
Entering the season, there was no discussion whether Cote could handle the aggressive nature of boys' lacrosse as a freshman. She simply attended tryouts and was the best candidate for the position.
In Tuesday's 15-4 victory against Monadnock of Swanzey, Cote made eight saves and stopped some close-range shots with proper positioning and bold instincts. She often steps toward the ball, cutting down angles and frustrating the shooter. Once making the save, her work is only half done. Cote is an excellent passer.
Askham had five goals and five assists against Monadnock, reaching 50 points (30 goals, 20 assists) for the season. Ziemba ranks second on the team with 42 points, followed by Camire (34), Child (19) and Joe Clement (19).
GAME DAY: Souhegan of Amherst girls (11-1) at Londonderry (10-4) . Both teams are riding a seven-game winning streak and looking to secure a top-three finish in Division I. The Lancers won't face another team with a winning record until the postseason. Souhegan wraps up the regular season against Pinkerton of Derry (12-3) next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
- Londonderry church blesses pets - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
A chief walks: No charges in New London