Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West
Entering the season, there was no discussion whether Cote could handle the aggressive nature of boys' lacrosse as a freshman. She simply attended tryouts and was the best candidate for the position.
In Tuesday's 15-4 victory against Monadnock of Swanzey, Cote made eight saves and stopped some close-range shots with proper positioning and bold instincts. She often steps toward the ball, cutting down angles and frustrating the shooter. Once making the save, her work is only half done. Cote is an excellent passer.
Askham had five goals and five assists against Monadnock, reaching 50 points (30 goals, 20 assists) for the season. Ziemba ranks second on the team with 42 points, followed by Camire (34), Child (19) and Joe Clement (19).
GAME DAY: Souhegan of Amherst girls (11-1) at Londonderry (10-4) . Both teams are riding a seven-game winning streak and looking to secure a top-three finish in Division I. The Lancers won't face another team with a winning record until the postseason. Souhegan wraps up the regular season against Pinkerton of Derry (12-3) next week.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice