Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West
Entering the season, there was no discussion whether Cote could handle the aggressive nature of boys' lacrosse as a freshman. She simply attended tryouts and was the best candidate for the position.
In Tuesday's 15-4 victory against Monadnock of Swanzey, Cote made eight saves and stopped some close-range shots with proper positioning and bold instincts. She often steps toward the ball, cutting down angles and frustrating the shooter. Once making the save, her work is only half done. Cote is an excellent passer.
Askham had five goals and five assists against Monadnock, reaching 50 points (30 goals, 20 assists) for the season. Ziemba ranks second on the team with 42 points, followed by Camire (34), Child (19) and Joe Clement (19).
GAME DAY: Souhegan of Amherst girls (11-1) at Londonderry (10-4) . Both teams are riding a seven-game winning streak and looking to secure a top-three finish in Division I. The Lancers won't face another team with a winning record until the postseason. Souhegan wraps up the regular season against Pinkerton of Derry (12-3) next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child